Sunday, July 31, 2011

Falling Part Two and Going Back to Work

Anne-Marie posted recently about an experience where I fell trying to catch a Eli on a bike (he was fine, by the way, just kept riding along with no problem). Well, it happened again the other day while I was on one of the old military structures in he Marin Headlands. This time it was Ayla that was psyching me out - intimating a motion for a drop off the wall, I guess she had already been playing that game with Anne-Marie...but I didn't know that. I started running for her and once again, my legs just gave out. I stumbled to catch myself, but just ended up looking more ridiculous. I'm not sure how much work it's going to take to rebuild my leg muscle when I finally get off the prednisone. But I can't wait to get to the point where I can start trying.

On another note, I start back at work tomorrow. So I will go from not working at all for three and a half months to working 40 hours a week. I'm curious about how this will go. We will start with a meeting and then get right into making schedule changes for students. At least I will get to wear shorts and a T-shirt for the first week and a half. I think naps for lunch will be essential...or at least I'll watch the relaxation video my mom gave me (a guys voice talking softly through relaxation techniques while looking at pictures of flowers, trees and water. It sounds lame, but is actually quite effective). I'll post more about being back at work as I'm going through it. Should be interesting. And for those who might be curious...It's been three and half weeks and my beard has basically returned to it's former glory...thankfully. I will get some comments worthy of a very old and conservative High Priest - but it's better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment