Monday, July 11, 2011

We're being looked after

Even with all of the difficulty with this disease and all that goes with it, I realize that Heavenly Father is watching over us. Today, my email was hacked into by someone trying to sell cell phones to my contacts. It was a bit embarrassing and frustrating, but it did yield a bit of interesting information. I got an auto-reply from the counselor who took my place at the last high school I left. In the auto-reply, she mentioned that she was leaving the district due to budget cuts. Although I feel really bad for this individual, because I definitely know the pain of getting cut...that was one of the main reasons I left that district and took the job at Moreau. I often think about what would have happened if I did not get the job at Moreau. I would be sick with this disease and getting laid-off from a job...or I would be struggling in private practice and working at Pool Chlor (actually would be on long term disability making 55% of practically nothing). Instead, I have a job at a school that is secure with amazing health insurance and is a wonderful place to work (I got multiple emails from colleagues, including the resident priest that I was being prayed for - try to get that in public education). Also it landed us in a ward that is very kind and attentive to helping us through this time. Although this trial is difficult, Heavenly Father is making it very doable in a lot of different ways. Now if he can somehow inspire my Rheumatologist to speed up my prednisone taper that would be something wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! I feel that Heavenly Father plays an amazing game of chess with us sometimes. When we pray and/or make righteous decisions in life, Heavenly Father starts moving the pieces just right so we can get the queen. Heavenly Father moved the pieces for us to be right here in Castro Valley, with Ian working at Moreau, the kids at the great school, with the teachers that they needed, friends that the kids needed, and an amazing ward who have been teaching us and serving us along the way.

    ReplyDelete